x

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Buttercup

Today is the first day of spring, so I decided to celebrate with a new spring nail color! Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Buttercup ($7 ~ .4oz).




I tweeted a few days ago after I bought this nail polish. All Revlon nail polishes were on sale for $5 at CVS, plus $2 extra bucks, and I was so psyched I just had to buy one (and restrain myself to one)! After Ingrid's (or missglamorazzi on Youtube) obsession over this color, I finally decided that I should pick it up for myself. I've never worn a yellow on my nails before (usually just pinks, reds, and purples--I'm not too terribly daring with my nail polish) so when I first painted it, it looked strange to me. I think it's starting to grow on me, though. 

(Left: No Flash ~ Right: Flash)

I'm not sure how it works with my skin tone. This is a very pale, cool yellow, and I'm not sure if my skin is too warm to wear it. 

Also, sorry for subjecting you to the not-so-fabulous paint job. This is my first Revlon Colorstay polish, and the brush was a little shorter and fatter than I was used to. It also picks up a lot of polish on the brush, which is great, but that just means I have to wipe more off before I start painting my nail. My coats were just a tad thick. Two thin coats definitely would have been good for full opacity, but here I have two thick coats (oopsie). You might even want to do three thin coats, if you're taking a picture with a really good-quality camera, but I think two would be sufficient. 

What's your favorite nail polish for spring?

With love,
Sammi

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | Google + | Email Newsletter

Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own money and am in no way being compensated for this review.