x

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Review: Smashbox Cream Eyeliner

Hi everyone! Today I'll be reviewing my favorite eyeliner the Smashbox Cream Eyeliner in Midnight Brown. It's kind of my Holy Grail eyeliner, and I've recently hit pan on it. There's always something so exciting but so sad about hitting pan on a product you love.




I've had this eyeliner for a long time. I'm pretty sure I purchased this for $19 years ago, god knows when, and I'm actually in love. Like, we might get married. I apply this with my Smashbox no. 9 brush, which is made for use with this product. 



I haven't been able to find the cream eyeliner for sale individually lately, but there is a cream eyeliner palette (the "Smashbox Metallic Cream Eyeliner Palette") currently being sold ($32 for 10 shades). This is my favorite eyeliner of all time. I love it more than pencil, gel, and liquid liner combined. You get a great amount of control, awesome pigmentation, and it stays all day (I believe it claims 15 hours, but I could be making that up). I have pretty dry eyelids, so if yours are oily, I'm not sure how well this will stay, but it's great for me. It's long-wearing, but not waterproof, so just be aware of that. It's also completely matte--you don't get that weird shine effect in the light. It's kind of thick, so you definitely need a brush similar to the one Smashbox makes to get in their to grab it. The brush is a little bit harder to clean because the product really gets in there, but it's not really an issue. A pot lasts a long time, and I'll probably be in a mourning period when I run out. If they don't start selling it in individual pots again, I might buy the full palette, just because I don't know if I can live without it. You can smudge it or leave it as a clean line, and then it stays in place all day, though it's easy to remove with makeup remover. 


No complaints here, except it's hard to find. The palette seems like a good deal for the amount of of eyeliner you get and the variety of colors, but it's definitely an investment. Though, Midnight Brown is not available in the 10-pan eyeliner palette, which is so sad because it's the perfect color for me since it's dark but doesn't look too harsh with my fair skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I might cry. The Metallic Cream Eyeliner Palette is also available on QVC for the same price (plus $5.72 S&H). Sob. 

What's your favorite eyeliner?

With love,
Sammi


Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my own money. I am in no way being compensated for this review (I wish I was, though!)