x

Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero

Hey friends! Today I'm reviewing Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero.  


This has become my new favorite eyeliner pencil! I received it in last December's Ipsy Glam Bag, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite item out of all of the bags I've ever received (and I've been a constant subscriber since September--it's products like this that keep me a subscriber). For those who don't know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service, in which you receive 4-5 deluxe sample or full-sized products a month. You take a quiz when you sign up and supposedly they try to cater to your features (hair, eyes, skin, etc.) but I'm not totally sure if that actually happens. Michelle Phan, a YouTube beauty guru, is a co-founder. Overall, I like it. Like any subscription service, there are good months and bad months, but I have discovered enough good products to stick with it through the bad times. It's $10/month and it's shipped right to your door, and you get a cute reusable cosmetic bag each month in which the products come. It's a fun thing to look forward to each month. To sign up, you can go here. I am not affiliated with this link and (unfortunately) I do not get anything if you sign up.


Zero is just a basic black, but the pigmentation is astounding. It can be smudged if you want that kind of smokey look, but then it just freezes in place and will not move. It won't budge, the entire day, even if you do have oily eyelids (I assure you). Their claims are actually completely true--you have a 30 second time frame to smudge if you please, and then it's not going anywhere. It doesn't come off unless you use makeup remover (though it comes off gently, no scrubbing required). It's so creamy and smooth and goes on like a dream.. Otherwise, I might be having an affair. I love the amount of control I have with this, although the creamy quality prevents you from getting a sharp point, so it's pretty impossible to get a fine line. Therefore, this is my smoky-nighttime eyeliner. Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils can be purchased for $19 (.04 oz) at UltaSephora, or on Urban Decay's website


Side note: The Grindhouse Pencil Sharpener that UD sells for $10 is a waste of money. If you're looking for a good sharpener that will sharpen creamy pencils like UD or NYX, get the Essence Dual Sharpener from Ulta for a fifth of the price (that's $2 for those of you that don't like math), that works exactly the same. In fact, they're made in the same factory! I bought one and it sharpens my UD pencil beautifully without wasting half the pencil with each sharpen like other sharpeners. It's actually made for creamy products (but works well with harder ones as well). And, it comes in more colors (mine is black with glitter). :) 


What's your favorite eyeliner pencil?

With love,
Sammi


Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my own money. I am in no way being compensated for this review (I wish I was, though!)