x

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tag: I (Heart) Spring!

Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this fun tag on YouTube so I decided I would give it a try in blog form. It's finally starting to feel like spring in Boston, so I think it's a good time to do this!

1. Favorite spring nail polish?
I can't just pick one! Right now I'm really liking Revlon Colorstay's Buttercup and Nicole by O.P.I.'s Blue Lace. 


(Left: Nicole by O.P.I.'s Blue Lace ~ Right: Revlon Colorstay's Buttercup)


2. What is your must-have lip color this spring?
I'm really loving bright lips. I've been dying to buy one of the new Revlon Lip Butters (especially Juicy Watermelon!) but I can't justify it right now with my current budget. So, I've been "making due" (not) with M.A.C.'s Lipglass in Matnetique.



3. Show us your favorite spring dress!
I just bought this recently! I should really do a haul post, since I've bought quite a bit recently and I hardly go shopping. I bought this dress at Marshall's for $19.99 last month and it's become my new favorite! I put a cardigan over it because it got a little chilly, but underneath the cardigan it has wide straps and a scoop neckline. It was originally $36. Marshalls/TJ Maxx/discount stores are my favorite places to shop because you can get quality items for less. It's a win-win!



4. What's your favorite flower?
I absolutely LOVE cherry blossoms. They're only around for about a week or two in April, but they are my favorite flower of all time. It's such a shame that they die so quickly. :( 

5. Favorite spring scarf/accessory?
I don't have one accessory in particular. Once the weather gets into the 60s and 70s, I stop wearing scarves since I feel like it's a little warm for that. I love wearing sandals, and I love layering friendship bracelets (because they're fun to make and they give me something to do with my hands).

6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)
I'm really loving bright lips for spring this year (see question #2). Anyone have any good, bright lip recommendations? I'm also happy that black-and-white fashion is considered a "trend" this season, since that's the majority of my closet!

7. Favorite spring candle?
Unlike a lot of beauty bloggers, I'm not too much into candles. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my college dorm doesn't allow candles... 

8. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring?
I love anything floral. However, right now I've been spraying the Cucumber Aloe Body Mist that my Secret deodorant came with (don't judge, it smells fresh and not overpowering, and it's travel-sized). 

9. What is spring like where you live?
Well, here in Boston, spring feels a lot like winter until late April/early May. I'm so happy it's finally, actually spring! 

10. What's your favorite thing about spring?
The weather! Well, once it finally feels like spring. I love when it's in the 60s or early 70s and I can wear a dress. :) I also love that everything seems to be melting and waking up after the long, cold, lonely months. All of nature is out of hibernation and refreshed. 

11. Are you a spring cleaner?
HA. HA. You are funny, questionnaire. No, I am not a spring cleaner, nor am I an any season cleaner. I can when I can't take it anymore, or when no one else will do it. Or, when I'm stressed. I also just got finished with finals, so my room is anything but clean. 

12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?
No, my spring break was two months ago. This month, once I finish up my work on EVVY Awards (my school's annual awards show), I'll be relaxing back home until my internship begins in June!

I had fun doing this tag! Feel free to do it yourself and leave it in the comments below. I would love to read them! :)

With love,
Sammi

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | Google + | Email Newsletter